Wednesday 1 April 2015

Stamping Plates 101 - The Circular Ones

So, you guys have seen my big, rectangular plates, so what about the classic style, small discs. 
Why would you want to buy small plates when you can buy huge ones with tons more designs and full images on them? Well, for precisely that reason- some stampers feel overwhelmed by the full image plates and don't know what to do with them. So, like a lot in creativity, it's down to your own preferences and tastes. 

It's always good to start with small image plates, as I did, to get a feel for designs, but it's not necessary. Maybe, if you're looking at at a Moyou London plate for example, go for one with single, nail sized images rather than a giant, full image. That said, if you're a creative soul, you'll probably love the variety and options a full sized image plate gives you.
So, onto the smaller plates in my collection! 

Konad 

 



The original and first stamping plates I bought back in the day many, many years ago.
These plates work really well, stamp crisply and are a great starting point. Just annoyed how scratched up they are because of the old style Konad scraper as mentioned previously...grrr.

The ones I have are fairly old and because I am currently obsessed with Moyou plates, I haven't bought any recently, but they now have various different collections, including square ones- they're £6 a pop, whilst the small, disc ones are £6.  Pricey, methinks.
 

Bundle Monster 

 


 

These are a recent discovery and ship from the USA.  Shipping to the UK is only $8.50, which is really reasonable and they often do discount codes and special offers, so always keep an eye on their Facebook page and Instagram accounts. 

I've just made an order with Bundle Monster and one thing I ordered was one of the XL plates, which is a rectangular one like Dashica and Moyou London. So I'll let you know what that's like when I've got it. I only have the smaller plates and really enjoy them - the designs are excellent and they stamp cleanly.  The one pictures above is from the new Secret Garden collection - it's awesome because there's squirrels on a stamping plates, who says dreams don't come true.  :)

Random note for Bundle Monster - they have really nice cases for the larger plates which fit most rectangular plates, so keep an eye out, and their thermal gel polishes look awesome. I ordered some so lucky review will follow.


Pueen




These, like Konad and Bundle Monster, portray several single, smaller images on their plates and are available from Amazon and EBay if you're in the UK. They also do massive plates, like the Fireworks one, but I can't bring myself to pay almost £20 for one plate. 

I recently discovered and bought the Buffet collection from Pueen, which is a set of full images on these smaller plates, and it's a beautiful collection. You get 3 to 4 different designs on one plate and they're really awesome and stamp brilliantly. It also comes in a cute little pink case too. 


Born Pretty 

 

 

These are some of my favourite plates. The round Born Pretty plates are no more than $3, and you can even get them as low as $0.99! There are often blogger discount codes around, so make sure you google before you checkout, so you can save a little money.
The array of plates is amazing - they range from full images on plates, to it being split into quarters, and some, as above, show single images with a common theme.  They are high on my list to try out if you're new to stamping due to their low price and the variety in their collection.  The free international postage is a big pull too!  :)


Hope you enjoyed this post and look out for one on the new Moyou Doodles collection coming shortly, thanks to my non-existent willpower!  :P


No comments:

Post a Comment