Wednesday 1 April 2015

Moyou London's Doodles Collection Review!

So, I managed to last an entire weekend without ordering some Moyou plates, wow, well done, Sam.  I eventually misbehaved and ordered 4 new plates from the brand spanking new Doodles collection, so I thought I'd share my review on them on the very day I received them!  :)

Sorry for the pictures guys, shiny means reflections of me!  I will master this, don't worry, and the angle is funny so you can get a really nice shot of the pretty plates.



Moyou London plates from the Doodles Collection - plates 01, 03, 06, 07.

Doodles Plate 01



How gorgeous is this plate?!  We have 18, yes 18 beautiful little circles framing some gorgeous designs, which are so unusual- I haven't seen anything like them.  I am having crazy ideas about where to place these on the nails - you could position them so they leave some plain nail and make a french tip or the opposite, so they'd end before your cuticle.  Or you could place them randomly, and they'd still look amazing!  (Can you tell I am in love?!).There are so many possibilities and I think my next manicure will feature this plate, if I can tear myself away from the others...

Doodles Plate 03


This one reminds me of playing with my Spirograph when I was little.  I like how none of the circular designs are complete, because, let's face, how are you going to fit an entire one of those bad boys on one nail.  You can pick out the borders of the circles and use those or the centres... again, the possibilities are endless!


Doodles Plate 06


I was attracted to this plate because I loved how it reminded me of patchwork and I love that on nails.  There are a ton of different designs, all with really fine lines which stamp beautifully. We've got some floral as well as tribal and abstract designs in here, so this plate is has a lot of potential!

Doodles Plate 07


There are no words.  It's too adorable; look at the narwhal!!!  I am not a big fan of nautical/seaside plates and don't have any plates in this theme, but I was willing to make an exception for this one.  We've got cute little squids (can a squid be cute?!  This one is!), crabs, whales seahorses, sea turtles, narwhals (!), dolphins, octopi, fishes and some starfish as well as some lovely wave and splash patterns with intricate detail.  
This one would be great to use on all 10 nails, if you can pick 10 of your favourite images!


My Picks

 

 It was hard just to pick 4 from the collection (I want them all!), I absolutely love plate 1 - (no wonder they used it for the cute sleeve).  I can't wait to play with this one- I think I might try the stamping it from the cuticle upwards so that I can leave a french tip free - I think it will look stunning! :)  I'm thinking of breaking out my Models Own Colour Chromes (all 10 of them) and stamping these in black over the top...
I think all 4 plates are beautiful,  and I can't wait for more releases from this collection.

This week Moyou are releasing the Literature Collection- they look interesting- lots of lettering from various literary work.  I feel like being an English Literature graduate, maybe I should take a closer look at these... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love this collection and that is the exact reason I bought plate 3! Lol I loved Spirograph when I was a kid and had to have that plate so I can do a Spirograph mani sometime x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Bethany! Same here, it was tough to restrict myself to just 4 plates as they all look amazing. I'm having trouble choosing which plate to use for my next manicure though! Looking forward to seeing what you use them for 😊 x

    ReplyDelete