Sunday 5 April 2015

Dashica Plates Review


So some new Dashica Infinity plates came out a couple of weeks ago, and as I am massive fan of Dashica, I ordered tons, again. I have a problem, I know. I also ordered two stamping polishes to try too, so I'll review those in my separate stamping polish review coming soon. 





Delivery and Packaging 






My plates were delivered in a week using a tracked service which you get for free if you spend €75 or more (yes, I refer you to my previous comment re my addiction).
They come in a cellophane packet and with blue film covering the images.
I've never seen any plates from her with any scratches on the film, so they're always in perfect condition. 


They have a nice white, plastic backing to so you don't risk nicking yourself on the plate itself and they're really great quality. 


It still amazes me how we can pick these up for just €4.99. Maybe that's why I have so many of them?! 

Types of Plates 






So, we have two types - full image and nail sized images. Both are stunning and you won't be disappointed in whatever you pick. The hardest part is deciding! 

The nail sized images are an excellent size for those of us with longer nails so we have enough to cover the entire nail. The size is just like the XL image sizes from Moyou London.
There are currently 145 plates in the Infinity collection. 

The other collections which consist of smaller sized plates and massive ones are available on the site too, but I've only ever tried the Infinity series. I'm sure the others are great too but I like the size of these plates as they're the same size as Moyou, which I'm used to working with and you get loads on one plate. 

Stamping

 

They all stamp like a dream. What more can I say. I've never ever had a problem getting something to stamp. They're etched to perfection and the fine detail you can pick up is astonishing, as you can see from my swatches.
These stamp brilliantly with purpose built stamping polishes as well as regular polishes which stamp. 

There are a couple of swatches from a Cheeky Girl plate I had to buy on her site because it was too cute- I'll review this in detail soon, but this is the little mite below - was great apart from the sharp edges :(


Conclusion 


Can you tell I love them?! They're some of my favourite plates and the owner Shirley is a dear. Customer service is excellent and delivery from the Netherlands has always been pretty quick. 

I'd highly recommend these for something different - you can have images which feature Hello Kitty, Frozen, intricate Mehndi to sugar skulls. 

I hope you've enjoyed this review and that you try some Dashica plates if you haven't already - they'd be a valuable addition to your collection.  (Please note I bought these plates, like everything in my collection with my own cold, hard cash so I don't get anything for my rave review other than to share my love of these plates! )

3 comments:

  1. Can you tell me which plate has the Mehndi art? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathalie! The full size mehndi ones are 78,64 and 95 and the one with the nail sized images is 101. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathalie! The full size mehndi ones are 78,64 and 95 and the one with the nail sized images is 101. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete